I found out I was pregnant on April 3, 2007. Not a big surprise, we were trying!! My first reaction is one of pure joy, and my destiny being fulfilled as a mother. Second, came something I didn't expect--pure guilt. I was afraid of what lie ahead for my dear Ava-boo.
It had been just me and Averie for so long, I didn't want my precious girl to feel jealous, left out, or short changed in any way--she was the vary person that transformed me into "Mommy," after all. I shared very little with very few, but this was the beginning of a semi-depressing time for me, and something I prayed daily about. I think it prevented me from bonding closely with my unborn baby, and I regret that immensely. I was used to giving my all to my little girl; I didn't have to worry about who was left out, how do I give this to her still? How do I make my second child feel just as special to me? I'm sure many parents of multiple children can relate, but I took it quite hard I feel.
Then came the day I found out the sex of my little one, on July 14, 2007, my birthday, I found out I was having a boy... I felt warm. I struggled with my fears throughout my pregnancy... and then... my water broke... too late now! On December 8, 2007, Matt called all of our family members, "he's coming!" We waited until everyone arrived, and headed for Borgess in Kalamazoo. I checked in approximately 4 hours after my water broke. We were there another EIGHT hours until I finally had labor pains... wishing I had stayed home and gotten some rest, I persevered. From walking, to labor ball, to walking, to bath tub, to bed... finally, he couldn't take anymore, I couldn't take anymore! With the whole family there, including my sweet Ava-boo, I pulled Gavin William Mohundro out from me myself, and he took his first breath on December 9, 2007, at 4:02 p.m. Just a half an hour shy of going in for a c-section! He was born 7 lbs 1 oz, and 20 inches. A beautiful little boy. He was nothing like what I had imagined--he was better than I ever could have imagined. He had light hair, huge poutty lips, some big 'o claws, and the most incredible eyelashes I've ever seen on a baby!! He was amazing; I have a son. What did I ever do without you?
By the time we made it home from the hospital on Tuesday, all of my fears had dissipated, and I was a confident mommy once again; now this is the Jaime I know! Being mommy of two was not anywhere near as difficult as I had feared--not in the least. My daughter remains completely fulfilled, and absolutely no signs of jealousy. Thank you God for my Gavin, I was always meant to be your mother bubby.
PLAYING CATCH-UP ON OUR LIVES!!!
FIRST FAMILY PHOTO

FIRST BREATHS


0 kudos:
Post a Comment