6.19.2008

A Son's First Hero; A Daughter's First Love...


So here's May, and Daddy has to be away from the Gavin for the first time, and it's been a while since Averie had to be without him. He left for a military TDY trip late in May, and didn't return until May 31. This was a tiny test of my motherhood--let me tell you! Averie turned into a teenager over night! Not a glimpse of the future I'm after at the moment! With every "no" followed about seven minutes of attempted arguing on her part, then loud stomping to her room with arms folded, face mangled, a slam of the door, and loud dramatic crying for me to hear! Apparently, Miss Av doesn't do well without Daddy around! Not only this, but I caught her feeding the dog her lunch on two occasions! She climbed the cupboards like crazy and stole snacks!

Gavin was not himself either. Very clingy, and what I would describe as the separation anxiety. People he sees normally, my dad, my sister, all got the poutty lip and heart-wrenching cry while he reached back for me. I felt as though this might be the beginning of a normal phase, but to my surprise, it ended after Daddy's arrival back home.

Not to mention, the peak of my back problems began!  Something I was suffering from for a week prior, but only after moving our  new couch in did I feel the full onset!  

I have all of the obvious information, but never really experienced it for myself, how very important Daddy really is. My kids were a mess without him, and it makes me even more thankful that I found him.

1 kudos:

momtasticsman said...

I almost cried. Thank you, baby!